Dr. Cristen M. Catignani
Meet Dr. Cat, board certified female plastic surgeon in Alpharetta, Georgia (and your new beauty bestie at The Swan Center)
As a female plastic surgeon, wife, and mother of two, Dr. Cristen Catignani has a unique perspective to offer her patients who just want to approach life with a bit more confidence, vitality, and a head-turning new look—because she gets it.
Dr. Catignani could not have been more wonderful! From the moment we met her she was kind, attentive and had an expert plan for how to proceed with my care. I had two surgeries with her and both went smoothly and without any complications.
Real patient review
Dr. Cat is a women’s health advocate and works hard daily to inform and empower women to feel more confident about their appearance—whether that involves small, subtle changes or standing out in a crowd.
You’re in caring, capable hands with Dr. Cat
Dr. Catignani works closely with each and every patient so she can truly understand their concerns and goals. This not only helps her personalize your care and treatment plan, it also allows her to achieve beautiful surgical results. In addition to helping her patients achieve the “wow factor,” Dr. Cat is well-known for her compassionate bedside manner, unique understanding and perspective on restorative cosmetic surgeries, and commitment to ensuring every patient feels safe, comfortable, and well cared for.
While Dr. Cat works with patients of all types, she loves helping women feel powerful and secure—and her patients love being welcomed into the empowering environment of The Swan Center. Her passion is helping women reclaim their bodies, whether they hope to feel more of a sense of self after pregnancy, are bothered by a small flaw, or don’t feel like their looks match how they feel.
I had my two kids really close together—and I certainly know first-hand the toll that pregnancy takes on a body. Being able to connect with my patients about their similar experiences is an invaluable tool, and I love knowing they feel comfortable talking with me about their concerns. Us ladies are amazing, and we all deserve to feel like it!
Dr. Cat offers a variety of cosmetic procedures to recontour the body and improve the shape of the breasts, including:
- Mommy makeover
- Breast augmentation
- Breast lift
- Breast reduction
- Tummy tuck
- Body contouring after weight loss
Whatever procedure you choose, you can rest assured that you are safe, experienced hands with Dr. Catignani—and that her ultimate goal is for you to leave her care feeling on top of the world.
How Dr. Cat enjoys life outside of the OR
While Dr. Cat is incredibly passionate about cosmetic surgery and helping her patients look and feel fabulous, we all need a little down time—and she loves spending it with her family, enjoying the sites of Georgia. She and her husband, vascular surgeon Dr. Thomas Matthews, have two beautiful daughters and two lovable dogs.
After growing up in East Tennessee, Dr. Cat attended college in Florida before returning to Tennessee for medical school and then on to Alabama for her surgical training. She’s been an honorary Georgian for a few years and has loved exploring and getting to know the area.
In addition to enjoying outdoor activities like hiking and boating, Dr. Cat and her family love traveling and spending time together. Her favorite solo hobby is whipping up tasty treats in the kitchen, and cooking brings her much joy when she’s not too busy helping Atlanta feel beautiful.
Get all the details on Dr. Cat’s education & experience
Training & education
- B.S. Biological Sciences, Florida State University
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Tennessee College of Medicine
- Residency, University of Alabama at Birmingham Department of Surgery, Chief Resident
- Clinical Research Fellow, Plastic & Reconstructive Breast Microsurgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery
- Residency, University of Alabama at Birmingham Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Georgia Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Candidate Member
- Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Candidate Member
Honors and awards
- Florida State University:
- National Merit Scholar 1998 – 2002
- Twenty First Century Scholarship 1998 – 2002
- American Cancer Society James R. Fisher Summer Research Fellowship 2000
- International Medical Outreach – Haiti Mission 2001 – 2002
- Hospice Volunteer 2002
- Alternative Break Corp 1999 – 2001
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine:
- Interdisciplinary Health Policy and Leadership Certificate 2004 – 2006
- Vice President of Student Affairs 2003 – 2007
- Student Advisory Group to the Dean 2003 – 2007
- Student Representative to the Liaison Committee on Medical Education 2003 – 2007
- Clinical Esperanza Community Clinic 2005 – 2007
- Boggy Creek Gang Camp and American Cancer Society Volunteer 2000 – 2003
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- ACS Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor 2009 – 2016
- UAB House-staff Counsel 2008 – 2013, 2014 – 2016