Chemical Peels Atlanta
Get crave-able, glowy skin with no downtime, needles, or lasers.
Hit the refresh button on dull, tired skin with a chemical peel! Over time, dead skin cells build up on our face, making skin appear less youthful and vibrant. A chemical peel removes this dead layer of skin to reveal smoother, healthier skin.
What are the benefits of a chemical peel?
Chemical peels are ideal for those who want to improve their skin’s complexion and texture without laser treatments or fillers. A chemical peel can:
- Stimulate your skin’s natural exfoliation process
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, sun damage, and more
- Hydrate skin deep down for a healthy, glowing complexion
- Increase skin’s cell turnover for clearer, brighter skin
- Improve the effectiveness of at-home skincare products
Your chemical peel options at The Swan Center
At The Swan Center, we offer two primary peel options that we will help you choose from in your skincare consultation with our aestheticians:
- SkinBetter Science’s AlphaRet® Professional Peel System 50 is perfect for patients with moderate skin damage who want to improve their skin tone & texture and maintain their results as they age. The AlphaRet Peel System 50 contains lactic, glycolic, and salicylic acids, plus AlphaRet’s proprietary blend of naturally-occurring chemicals.
- VI Peel® is an ideal first-time peel for patients of any age or skin type. VI Peel evens skin tone and minimizes the appearance of scars, fine lines, wrinkles, and spots. The VI Peel formula contains antioxidant vitamin C, salicylic acid, trichloroacetic acid (TCA), phenol, and retinoic acid, and the formula is further tailored with ingredients like kojic acid or hydrocortisone to target each patient’s primary skin concerns.
Photo of a patient before being treated with the SkinBetter Science AlphaRet Peel System 50 (left), and 4 weeks after her third peel (right). Photo courtesy SkinBetter Science.
What can a chemical peel treat?
Each of our chemical peels is designed for those who are experiencing the following skin conditions:
- Sun damage
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Scarring, i.e. from acne
- Uneven skin tone
What is a chemical peel treatment like?
The AlphaRet chemical peel uses a multi-step process: after we thoroughly cleanse the face, we apply a pre-peel lactic acid solution to prep the skin. Next, we mix your peel with AlphaRet’s proprietary blend of nourishing chemicals and apply it to the face with gauze for 3 minutes. Then, we remove the peel and clean your skin with a post-peel cleanser. Finally, we apply SkinBetter Science’s Alto Defence Serum, along with a rich moisturizer, to lock in these key ingredients and protect your skin. The entire treatment takes approximately 30 minutes and there’s no irritation or downtime.
The VI Peel is slightly different: as we apply the peel to your face, you may feel a slight tingling, but patients do not normally feel any pain. After, you will leave our office with clear instructions that involve rinsing the peel off your face after a few hours, as well as applying moisturizer and sunscreen to protect your peeling skin for the next few days. Treatment in our office takes about 30 minutes.
How much does a chemical peel cost in Atlanta?
The SkinBetter Science AlphaRet Peel System 50 typically costs $150-$300, while the VI Peel ranges from $150-$500.
How many chemical peels will I need?
Most of our patients notice their skin is moister, more even, and brighter after just one peel. For optimal results, however, we recommend patients receive 3 peels over the course of 12 weeks.
What is recovery like from a chemical peel?
Each of our chemical peel formulas contains chemical exfoliants (such as alpha hydroxy acids) that may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun. We recommend wearing sunscreen & protective clothing and limiting your sun exposure for a week following your chemical peel.
Book your Atlanta chemical peel with us today
The SkinBetter Science AlphaRet Chemical Peel and VI Peel are professional-grade products, meaning they are exclusively available as an in-office treatment through a select number of authorized medical providers. Chemical peels are performed in our Atlanta office by our trained nurse aestheticians. If you’re ready to transform your skin for good, schedule your complimentary consultation with us online or call (770) 667-0904.