Fun & FREE in Atlanta: Our Favorite Budget-Friendly Activities this Summer
Summer is here and it’s the season of sun, sweat, and making sweet memories to last a lifetime. Our beloved ATL offers a plethora of affordable activities and thrifty adventures for families, couples, and people of all ages to cool off without breaking the bank. From outdoor escapades to cultural excursions, these unique experiences will fill your calendar every day of the week, sans stress on your wallet.
Remember: Visit each venue’s website to confirm event dates and get information about parking and other essential details to set yourself up for the most enjoyable experience!
Movie buffs, rejoice! Pack a picnic, grab a blanket, and get ready for a cozy evening under the stars. The following parks and community centers host free movie nights for locals, showing everything from classic films to recent blockbusters for you to enjoy with your loved ones.
- “Movie Mondays” at Norcross Cultural Arts Center
- “Free Movie Mondays” at Charles Wadsworth Auditorium
- “REEL Fridays” at Town at Trith
- “Movies at the Park” at Newtown Park in Johns Creek
- “Pics in the Park” at Pernoshal Park at Dunwoody
- “Flicks on the Bricks” in Duluth Town Green
- “Movies Under the Stars” at Mall of Georgia
- “Flicks on the Green” at Peachtree Corners
- “Outdoor Movie Series” at Swift-Cantrell Park
- “Movies on the Lawn” in Uptown
Music not only heals us, but it also brings people together. No matter where you are in metro Atlanta, you can find free live performances by local musicians all season long. Grab your dancing shoes (or simply a blanket if you prefer to just listen and watch) and let the sounds of summer wash over you.
- “Groovin’ on the Square” at Colony Square
- “Fridays-N-Duluth” at Duluth Town Green
- Norcross Summer Concerts in Thrasher Park
- “First Fridays” in Downtown Canton
- First Friday Concert Series in Downtown Kennesaw
- “Music on the Hill” at Roswell City Hall
- “Avalon Nights Live” @ The Plaza in Avalon
- “Saturday Sounds Music Series” at The Works
- “Tunes by the Tracks” at Main St in Stone Mountain
- “Groovin’ on the Green” in Halcyon/ Alpharetta
- Summer Concert Series at Peachtree Corners Town Green
- “Jazz in the Alley” at Betty Mauldin Park
Our area is full of fascinating museums, cultural centers, or public art projects. While some facilities have free entry year-round, there are others that only offer complimentary entrance on selected days of the week or month, so be sure to check their website or call ahead to know what to expect. With so many options, there is guaranteed to be something for everyone in the family to enjoy!
- Atlanta History Center
- Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site
- Museum of History and Holocaust Education
- Georgia Capitol Museum
- Marietta and Roswell Fire Museums
- Atlanta Monetary MuseumMuseum of Aviation Foundation
- National Infantry Museum
Wet n’ wild
Ready to cool off and really beat the heat? Several of Atlanta’s major parks have free public swimming and splashing in their fountains, waterfalls, and pools. Layer on the sunscreen, grab your towel, and get ready for some serious fun in the sun!
- Centennial Olympic Park
- Piedmont Park
- Center Hill Park
- D.H. Stanton Park
- Historic Fourth Ward Park
- Lillian Webb Park
- Suwanee Town Center Park
Interested in escaping the hustle and bustle of the city instead? You can get your daily fix of “Vitamin N” (Nature) by embarking on a fun-filled adventure in the great outdoors. Bask in the tranquility of nature, either hiking and picnicking, or if there’s water nearby, swimming, boating and fishing! The following outdoor recreation areas are all less than an hour away:
- Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area
- Kennesaw Mountain
- Whitewater Creek
- Stone Mountain
- Roswell Mill
- Red Top Mountain
Did we miss anything? Let us know!
Ready to refresh and rejuvenate your look this summer?
The Swan Center is the ultimate summer beauty destination serving the metro Atlanta area. Led by a team of outstanding board-certified plastic surgeons, we offer a comprehensive range of surgical procedures and nonsurgical treatments to meet all of your aesthetic goals. Experience the Swan Center difference for yourself and schedule your personal consultation today by calling 770-667-0904 or filling out our convenient online form. We look forward to meeting you!