Yes, We Finally Have a Cellulite Superhero! Introducing QWO
Cellulite is the aesthetic issue that’s most hated. No matter how fit or healthy you are, or how much you love your curves and swerves, cellulite can interfere with the smooth lines of your hips, buttocks, and thighs. It’s doubly frustrating because cellulite is notoriously hard to fix—more so than double chins, love handles, and even wrinkles!
Well, cellulite was harder to treat. Now, we have a cellulite superhero. QWO® for cellulite is the first injectable proven to smooth cellulite in the buttocks, with little to no downtime. Let’s discuss what you can expect from this game-changing treatment, plus why we call it our cellulite superhero.
- What you can expect from QWO cellulite treatment
- QWO vs. Cellulaze
- Timing your QWO treatment
- How to minimize bruising from QWO injections
What you can expect from QWO cellulite treatment
QWO smoothes cellulite in the buttocks with 3 short treatments, performed 3 weeks apart, in which we inject QWO directly into your cellulite dimples.You will gradually see improvements taking place, especially after the second or third treatment, and most women note a significant improvement in the severity of their cellulite dimples after completion of a QWO treatment cycle. You can expect to confidently bare a smoother-looking bum in less than 3 months.
Bruising in the treatment area is the most common side effect after QWO.
But even superheroes aren’t perfect, and QWO is no exception. The side effect that most women report after QWO is significant bruising, which can be visually alarming, but is a normal, harmless reaction to QWO injections. Most bruising will fade after about 2 weeks, and it will not interfere with the superpowers of your QWO results.
There’s just one more caveat: QWO won’t completely get rid of cellulite—but, as the before-and-after photos show, treated dimples appear notably smoother, leading to an overall more youthful-looking bum.
QWO vs. Cellulaze
Many patients are asking us how QWO stacks up against the common surgical cellulite treatment, Cellulaze. Cellulaze and other cellulite treatments manually sever the fibrous bands that cause cellulite, while QWO severs these bands chemically. This makes QWO less traumatic to the skin and surrounding tissues, as well as allows you to continue with your normal routine with zero downtime after QWO treatment.
While other cellulite treatments require surgery (or just don’t work), QWO gets results non-surgically.
Here are a few more benefits that QWO has over other cellulite treatments:
- QWO requires no downtime.
- Because QWO is classified as a drug, it was FDA-approved based on rigorous clinical trials —the largest ever to be conducted for a cellulite treatment.
- Injectable QWO treatments take less than 30 minutes per visit.
While QWO is FDA-approved for use in the buttocks of women, other cellulite treatments may be used elsewhere on the body. If you have cellulite in areas beside the buttocks, this may be a reason to consider another cellulite treatment option.
Don’t wait—start QWO before summer’s in full swing!
QWO takes time to work its magic: plan for the fact that you will need 3 treatments, each 3 weeks apart, for a total of 11-12 weeks to see full results. That means, if you want to enjoy a cheeky look poolside this summer, you’ll want to get your QWO treatments in ASAP.
Due to the visible bruising side-effect, which lasts for a week or two after treatment, you may wish to consider your summer calendar when planning treatment intervals. For example, if you have a beach trip planned, you may want to schedule your next treatment for after you get back, rather than before a time where you want to wear revealing clothing.
Here at the Swan Center in Atlanta, our theory is, the sooner you start, the sooner you’ll have a smoother backside, and we’re eagerly lining up for treatments. While we know we might need to wear a sarong around our suits at intervals this summer, we’ll be enjoying fab results in late August and September! And, if you’re like us, even winter is a time of self-consciousness over cellulite (we hate the way cellulite shows through our yoga pants and fitness wear year-round!).
How to minimize bruising from QWO injections
While bruising after QWO is likely ( 84% of clinical trial participants experienced bruising), it tends to clear up within 2 weeks. To keep the problem at a minimum, you may choose to avoid any substances or activities that could exacerbate the bruising. Here are some general guidelines to follow to minimize bruising after QWO:
- Discontinue taking any blood-thinning medications or supplements 1 week before treatment—including fish oil, ibuprofen, aspirin, herbal supplements, prescription blood-thinning medications, and green tea.
- Stop drinking alcoholic beverages for 24 hours before and after your injections.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for the first few days after injections.
For those who like to be especially proactive, you may also plan ahead with home remedies to help with bruising following your QWO injections:
- Eat a healthy, nutrient-packed diet that includes plenty of protein and vitamin k-rich green vegetables.
- Slice up a fresh pineapple! This fruit is packed with bromelain, a nutrient that may help with bruising. Bromelain is also available as an oral supplement.
- Begin taking oral arnica supplements the day before your injections, and/or use topical arnica-based creams or ointments after your injections.
- Apply a vitamin k-based cream after injections.
- Following treatment, applying an ice pack for 10 minutes at a time, with at least 20 minutes between applications, to help slow the development of bruises.
- After your bruises have already formed (and at least 48 hours after treatment), apply a heating pad to help to clear up the bruises by increasing circulation. Be sure not to use heat right after your injections, as it may actually worsen bruising.
Visit The Swan Center for your injectable cellulite reduction in Atlanta
Ready to see your cellulite dimples smoothed? QWO can help improve your self-confidence so that you can focus on enjoying life. Schedule your appointment with our nurse injectors and learn what QWO can do for you by calling 770-667-0904 or contacting us online.