Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon Atlanta-
Meet Amy K. Alderman. M.D., F.A.C.S., M.P.H.
Dr. Alderman is an accomplished, nationally known surgeon who has an artistic approach to cosmetic surgery that enhances patient’s beauty and helps restore self-esteem. Dr. Alderman is known for her personalized approach to educating patients on all available options and believes this is an important step in building meaningful, long-lasting relationships. She works collectively with each patient to address concerns and develop individualized action plans to achieve natural appearing results. Dr. Alderman’s unparalleled commitment to patient care and safety can be contributed to years of education, professional experience, and involvement in national patient safety initiatives.
After graduating Phi Beta Kappa, Summa Cum Laude and Academic All-American in tennis at Birmingham-Southern College, Dr. Alderman continued her educational career at the University of Alabama-Birmingham School of Medicine where she graduated valedictorian of her medical school class. She also received several honors including early membership into Alpha Omega Alpha, the National Medical Honor Society. Dr. Alderman completed her Plastic Surgery Residency at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. During her training, she earned a Masters in Public Health and was admitted into the highly competitive Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, which gave her the tools to engage in surgical outcomes research and patient safety initiatives.
After her training was completed, Dr. Alderman joined the teaching staff at the University of Michigan and was promoted to a tenured Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery and served as the Director for the University’s Cosmetic Surgery Program. While at the University of Michigan, her clinical focus was breast reconstruction and cosmetic surgery and she was actively involved in resident education. In addition, she was a highly accomplished researcher in breast surgery and received grant funding from The National Cancer Institute, The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation.
Dr. Alderman was recently highlighted in The American Society of PlasticSurgeon‘s bi-monthly publication that introduces the newest discoveries in plastic surgery, explains new trends and spotlights selected surgeons and practices, Plastic Surgery News. This summer, Plastic Surgery News chose Dr. Amy Alderman, M.D., F.A.C.S, M.P.H. as their surgeon spotlight, a section that provides personal, educational and professional background for Dr. Alderman and gives a personal touch to the publication. To read the entire article CLICK HERE
Dr. Alderman is board certified in Plastic Surgery. She is a frequent lecturer at plastic surgery conferences worldwide and has over 50 peer-reviewed publications, 7 book chapters, and more than 100 scientific presentations. She is frequently asked to review manuscripts for publication in plastic surgery and other surgical journals.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- National Board of Medical Examiners for Plastic Surgery
- Dingman Society
- Michigan Academy of Plastic Surgeons
- Southwest Oncology Group
- American Society of Plastic Surgery Clinical Trials Committee
- American Society of Plastic Surgery Quality and Performance Committee
- American Society of Plastic Surgery Venous Thromboembolism Task Force
- American Society of Plastic Surgery Breast Surgery Task Force
Training and Education:
- Bachelor of Arts Sociology – Birmingham-Southern College
- Medical Degree – The University of Alabama School of Medicine
- General Surgery Residency – University of Michigan
- Plastic Surgery Residency - University of Michigan
- Health Management and Policy – University of Michigan School of Public Health
- Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholar – University of Michigan School of Medicine
Call the Swan Center for Plastic Surgery at (770) 667-0904 or use our contact form to schedule a private consultation with Dr. Alderman.
Amy Alderman, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Alpharetta, GA 30005