Meet Dean J. Fardo
Dean J. Fardo, MD is a highly trained and skilled plastic surgeon dedicated to providing his patients with the best care available. Dr. Fardo takes tremendous pride in his work and is a true perfectionist. He is well known throughout the Atlanta area for his compassionate and caring nature and his excellence in surgical results. Dr. Fardo’s philosophy is simple…treat each patient as if they were a member of his own family and aim to provide not only great results, but also great service.
Dr. Fardo graduated from the renowned University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine where he was honored as the salutatorian of his class. He was also elected into AOA, the national medical honor society. Dr. Fardo then completed his general surgery and plastic surgery training at the GRAMEC/ Michigan State University program, one of the oldest combined plastic surgery programs in the country.
He then furthered his extensive training with a cosmetic surgery fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation and an oculoplastic (eyelid) fellowship at PACES Plastic Surgery in Atlanta. This makes Dr. Fardo one of the few surgeons nationwide that has formal training in both plastic surgery and oculoplastic surgery. Dr. Fardo was then asked to become a staff physician at the world renowned Cleveland Clinic. He practiced his specialties of cosmetic and oculoplastic surgery there for over three years before returning to the Atlanta area.
Dr. Fardo is board certified in Plastic Surgery and a member of numerous medical societies, including the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, (ASAPS). Only about 25% of all board certified plastic surgeons have been accepted in to the membership of ASAPS. He has authored textbook chapters and scientific publications as well as lecturing at several Plastic Surgery meetings. Recently, Dr. Fardo received a prestigious recognition in the “Guide to America’s Top Plastic Surgeons”.
- Diplomat, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Medical Association
Training and Education:
- Bachelor of Science Biology – The Pennsylvania State University
- Bachelor of Science Engineering – The Pennsylvania State University
- Medical Degree – The University of Pittsburgh
- General Surgery residency – GRAMEC/ Michigan State University
- Plastic Surgery residency - GRAMEC/ Michigan State University
- Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship – The Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Oculoplastic Surgery Fellowship – PACES Plastic Surgery
Call the Swan Center for Plastic Surgery at (770) 667-0904 or use our contact form to schedule a private consultation with Dr. Fardo.
Dean J. Fardo, MD
# 200, 4165 Old Milton Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30005